Americans love to camp. At least 40,1 million Americans went camping in 2013, according to the 2014 American Camper Report. That amounts to 14% of the U.S. population. The average amount time spec camping was 14.9 days. That includes all kinds of camping from RV to cabin camping to going to campgrounds with a pool.
There aren’t some things you can do to make your camping trip better and more fun.
- Decide what activities your group wants to do. If you’re looking to organize summer camping trips, you might want to look for campgrounds with a pool or a lake. If you want to go for your family camping trips, and you have children, you should look for campgrounds that offer family friendly activities.
- Bring more water than you think you will need. People who are physically active we need more water.
By the time you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated. If you are planning a camping trip to the south west of the United States or in the mountains, you can dehydrate quickly if you are not careful. Remember, you also have to bring water for cooking. Depending on the campground you pick, you may need to bring more water. You cannot have too much water.
- Make sure you have a good first aid kit. Most campers should know to pack a good first aid kit. But often people forget to check to make sure that the medications they have in it are still good. Make sure you include sunscreen and aloe vera. No matter if you are at camp resort or have selected with one of the campgrounds with a pool, a bad sunburn can ruin your trip.
- Plan all of your meals. Hungry campers are not happy campers. You can do some of your prep work for your meal before you go. Examples include putting up your vegetables and pre-cooking potatoes. Plant both for meals and snacks. That will help make sure all of your group is full and happy during the course of your trip. Plus, most campers are active so you will need to compensate for that. You will need more calories than you normally need.
- Plan for bad weather. No matter how well you plan a trip to campgrounds with a pool, rain happens. It does not have to derail your whole camping experience. You can talk to staff campground, to find out about local attractions. If you pack games, that could be a fun thing families could do. Some families groups make their own games. At the end of the day, having a plan for rain can make your trip better.
- Do not use social media on your camping trip. Camping trips are fun ways for families and friends to reconnect with each other. Your children may not like it but Instagram and Facebook will be there when you get home. Disconnecting from social media channels is one good way to get the most from your vacation. This is also very good for your mental health.
- Do not use gas for your car to light a fire. From time to time, campers make this mistake but it is never good. If you really have to do that you would be better off just packing your stuff and calling it a day. While it might seem like a good idea at the time, the results are often disastrous.
Camping trips are great ways to connect with the important people in your life. At least 47% of people who go camping say that they just love to camp. At least 13% of all adult campers say they enjoy the activity because it gives them more time with their families.This is often because of the varieties of activity camping trips give people. People who start camping ear;y in life tend to enjoy these trips for the rest of their lives. Encouraging young people to learn to like camping will get them off to the start of a healthy lifestyle. That is always a good thing.