It was a hectic start to the morning, but it made for some great Stories!
The vacation morning when your whole family woke to a loud crack of thunder and a sudden downpour that brought a quarter of inch of rain in just 30 minutes is the story that most often gets retold. Fortunately, on that camping trip you had booked reservations at one of the family’s favorite campgrounds. At this site you and your husband are able to enjoy the luxury of staying in your fully appointed recreational vehicle, while the kids have enough space to set up their tents and sleep on the ground.
Aside from a few startled screams when the thunder first cracked, no one really made any moves for the first few minutes. When the rain was coming down so hard, though, that all three of the kids’ tents started leaking it was a mad dash. The dripping wet kids piled into the RV in little more than there pajamas. How fast the rain fell was a little crazy, but when it was over, it was over. Only 30 minutes after their arrival in the RV the kids were back outside in recovery mode. The were careful not to step their muddy feet into the tents as they grabbed their sleeping bags and hung them on the line to dry. The tents were draped over tree branches and just like that the rainfall disaster was dealt with.
Years later when the kids retell the story, they laugh until they cry, exaggerating the amount of rain and noise of the thunder. They love that story and admit that they have secretly wished for another crazy wake up call from mother nature.
Campgrounds Provide Families Affordable Ways to Take Vacations
Of all the attractions at the nation’s campgrounds, it is difficult to dispute the allure of the price. And while families can spend large amounts of money at the more exclusive campgrounds that are available in some parts of the country, many families enjoy the simple pleasures of small less expensive locations. For some families, in fact, camping and cabin rentals are not a one weekend event, but a summer long excursion. Setting up home away from home at a local campground during the summer months is growing increasingly popular for many people.
Located close enough so that you can still get to work and back a few days of the week, permanent campsites allow families to enjoy the best of both worlds. Kids can reconnect with the same crew of friends summer after summer, while enjoying the activities that only happen in the outdoors. Kayaking, hiking, boating, and zip lining are just a few of the activities that keep families returning to their favorite camping locations.
- Mud pies for breakfast! The pictures of the muddy mess after a sudden downpour are priceless.
- An estimated 7 million people ride horses every year in America, a popular activity at many campgrounds.
- Kids love the relaxed atmosphere of a campgrounds. Making your bed, for instance, is as simple as straightening out your sleeping bag!
- In the year 2013, campers traveled an average distance of 186.7 miles for their camping trips. although some people travel just a few miles to a favorite camping site near their home.
- No matter where you camp in Florida, you are never more than 60 miles from the beach. Perhaps this why so many people select this state for their camping adventure.
- Getting away from work and other commitments is an advantage to a family vacation.
- Mud. Have we already mentioned it?
- Estimates indicate that 37% of families indicate that vacations make them happy, making camping the activity that makes families the most happy.
- Most estimates from the year 2015 indicate that nearly 12% of all American adults, 25 million people, went camping that year.
- One national survey indicates that 33% of Americans ride bicycles for recreation.
- Relaxing more adventurous bike rides are taken by 9 million Americans every day.
- Instead of an expensive hotel, does your family enjoy an affordable campground?
- Every bad day camping is better than a good day at work.
- Summer time is the perfect opportunity to reconnect with your spouse and your children. DO you have an upcoming family camping vacation scheduled?