Three more days of work and then the vacation begins.
For once, you have been able to schedule a trip with both of your daughters. The fact that they both have the same fall break this year means that you made reservations for one of the Corolla house rentals where you used to travel when they were young. Both you and your husband are looking forward to spending time with both daughters at the same time. Ever since your older daughter moved 12 hours away to college it has been difficult to find these pockets of time when you can be together. The long weekend at the Corolla house rentals is just what you need.
Vacationing Together Helps Families Reconnect and Create New Memories
Whether you are a small family of four or a large extended family of aunts, uncles, and cousins, family vacations can serve as a great tradition. In the summer or over holiday breaks, vacation rentals are often the best solution. If a family has a favorite location, sometimes the rental does not matter as much as the destination. For instance, a family that has returned again and again to Outer Banks vacation rentals may have a favorite rental, but they are probably more committed to the beaches and other attractions than any particles group of Outer Banks rentals. Long afternoons on the golf course or building sandcastles on the beach are more important than returning to the same home again and again.
Consider some of these facts that attract families to vacation in the Outer Banks regions:
- 400 species of birds have been identified on Hatteras Island at the Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge, so the Outer Banks are a great destination for bird watchers.
- The number of birds that call the Outer Banks home was one of the major reasons that Wilbur and Orville Wright chose Kitty Hawk as their spot to experiment with aircraft. When they first came to the area in 1900 it was sparsely populated which allowed them to conduct research and tests away from an audience. The area also boasts sand dunes where the aviators could practice gliding and controlling aircraft and have a safer and softer place to land.
- For many of the same reasons that the Wright Brothers chose the area for their flight experiments, kite surfing, hang gliding, and paragliding are popular Outer Banks activities.
- At 208 feet, the Cape Hatteras Lighthous is the tallest brick lighthouse in America and is a major destination for many light house enthusiasts.
- After Las Vegas and Hawaii, North Carolina’s Outer Banks are the third-most popular wedding destination in America.
- Sea travel historians also love the Outer Banks area because more than 1,000 ships have sunk in the waters of the Outer Banks since records were first kept in 1526. In fact, the nickname of this area is “Graveyard of the Atlantic.”
Family vacation planning gets more and more difficult as sons and daughters move on to college. Having an attractive destination like the Outer Banks, however, can help you convince your children to take a break and spend time with their family. Whether you select Corolla house rentals or another location, time away with your family is always a good investment. Nearly 92% of Americans think that vacations are important to their lives. If you are one of this 92% it might be time to schedule your next trip.